Will & Inheritance Disputes

The death of a partner, parent or other loved one is always a difficult time. The pain and stress of the situation are increased with the advent of a claim to the estate or a challenge to the Will.


It is even more stressful if a Will, trust or estate dispute arise between family members.


Whatever the nature of your inheritance dispute, our expert team will be able to advise you on your case and discuss what funding options might be available to you.


We will advise you on what legal action will cost you, how long it’s likely to take and the viability of your case. 


Our specialist associates are members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and are acknowledged experts in their field.


Our bespoke trust drafting service offers asset protection options for every type of client:

  • Property Protection with innovative ways of dealing with higher value property

  • Trusts that protect against future tax problems that can arise with simpler trusts

  • Lifetime trusts providing for disabled dependants

  • Trusts allowing for Probate planning

  • Pilot and Spousal Bypass Trusts

  • Trust administration

Inheritance Disputes​

If a relative has died and you are not happy with what has been left for you in their Will, our solicitors may be able to help you challenge it. If you are worried that the Will is invalid for some reason or that yourself or another family member has been unfairly excluded from it, this is something we can help with. There is a provision available to you to make a claim under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.


Can I make a claim under the UK Inheritance Act?

You can make a claim if you are:

  • A spouse or civil partner of the deceased

  • A divorced spouse or a separated civil partner of the deceased, if they have not remarried or entered into a new civil partnership

  • Any person who lived with the deceased for a minimum of two years prior to their death

  • A child of the deceased (including children over the age of 18)

  • Anyone who was treated as their child by the deceased person, including adopted children, fostered children, stepchildren and so forth

  • Anyone being cared for by the deceased person prior to their death

Looking to make a Will instead?

If you are looking to make a Will instead of dispute one then please visit the Your Will page.

Our expert team is accredited by the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)


We'd love to hear from you

Newport - 01633 450460

  • LinkedIn - Zep Bellavia

Connect with us on LinkedIn

© 2019 by BELLAVIA & ASSOCIATES LLP are Authorised and Regulated by 

The Solicitors Regulation Authority. 


SRA No. 652648 Privacy Policy, GDPR Policy

Get Social With Us!

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon